This is my 25th article for the Last Viner Standing 2 competition. This time our assignment is to create a game similar to Calvinball. "Age of Drollhouse" is what people are calling it. I LOVE Calvinball. Jaxball is based on the childhood game of jacks.
I admit from the start that this will be a challenge.
Here are rules for Jaxball:
- The "bounce" of the ball is the space between replies.
- With each bounce/reply successively more numbers of things are picked up/added until 10 are reached..
- I will start the first bounce and the first pick up for a category of things that I've started here.
- Anyone else can add a new category to keep the game going. .
- Each subsequent reply needs to add 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,7, 8, 9, 10 different items in the same category.
- Anyone may contribute to as many categories as they like.
- Anyone may contribute as many times as they like on the same category.
A few starter ideas:
- imaginary animals
- nonce words
- booze brands
Please feel free to add more categories at any time.
The prize: huge vocabulary